Making fires is an instrumental step in humanity’s journey, and it’s just as important in Link’s in Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. In this article, you will see the many ways to make a campfire in Tears of the Kingdom, all across Hyrule.
In Tears of the Kingdom, campfires play an integral role in the gameplay. Whether it’s cooking foods, brewing elixirs, resting until a desired time of day, or just getting warm; making a campfire is an important skill to have in Tears of the Kingdom. Before you start cooking, you need to know how to make a campfire.
How to Make a Campfire.
To make a campfire, you need bundles of wood. To get wood, chop down any tree that can be found around Hyrule. Use an ax, which is first acquired after completing the first shrine, or any other weapon capable of chopping trees. After the tree falls to the ground, continue to attack the log until it turns into bundles of wood.
Now that you have the wood, it’s time to ignite it. Place the wood onto the ground. Light the campfire using any of the following methods:
- Acquire Flint by breaking ore deposits by caves. Place the flint next to the bundle of wood. Finally, strike the flint with a stone or metallic weapon to ignite the bundle of wood to make a campfire.
- Use various flame imbued weapons and items. Fuse Fire Fruit to arrows, and fire the arrow at the bundle of wood on the ground. Attach the Zonai Flame Emitter, which can be found from Zonai Device Dispensers located across the Sky Islands, to a weapon or shield. Then attack the bundle of wood. Both methods will make a campfire without the need for flint.
- Throw a Fire Fruit or a Red Chuchu Jelly at a bundle of wood to set it ablaze. Other fire attribute items can also be used similarly to make a campfire.
There are many benefits to making a Campfire in Tears of the Kingdom.
- Getting Rest and Passing the Time. After you make a campfire, select one of three options for Link to rest. Link can rest until Morning, Noon, or Night. Changing the time of day will allow for more efficiency when completing quests.
- Cooking Ingredients Simply. Take out food or ingredients, and place them next to the campfire. Once it’s done cooking, the food will have increased effects, and become a tasty food source for Link.
- Making Recipes in Style. You can make complex recipes when cooking with a cooking pot or a Zonai Portable Pot. From delicious dishes to powerful elixirs, there are many recipes you can make over a campfire. There are a ton of recipes worth trying out in Tears of the Kingdom.
- Getting a Lift. When you make a campfire, place a Hylian Pine Cone or a Spicy Pepper next to the bundle of wood. Ignite the fire using any of the above methods. Once the campfire is lit, an air current will stream upwards. Pulling out your Paraglider inside the air current will allow you to rise into the sky, giving you stunning views and leverage to traverse terrain.
Now that you know how to make a campfire, your journey throughout Hyrule will be littered with cooked foods and empty elixir bottles. And remember, stay warm out there.
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is available now on Nintendo Switch.
- Tears Of The Kingdom: How To Make A Campfire - May 19, 2023