Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) continued the franchise’s mechanic of creating the perfect weapon setup, with an update of “The Gunsmith”. In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, this has been even further fine-tuned. The ability unlocks at rank four and allows players to equip up to a maximum of 5 attachments to their chosen weapon. The attachment types include Scopes, Barrels, Under-Barrel Attachments, Ammunition, Magazines, Muzzles, Stocks, and Grips.
Unlike in its predecessor, each attachment in Modern Warfare 2 requires players to level up specific gun types before they can be unlocked. Once available for that certain weapon, the attachment can then be used by the entire arsenal. This way the game encourages players to use all the different gun types available.
Modern Warfare 2 has also introduced the ability to tweak an individual attachment’s stats. Players will have to level their weapons to the max rank of 20 before this can be done, however, it will then unlock for all attachments simultaneously.
The stats that can be changed are as follows:
- Damage: How much damage a bullet does upon impact at an ideal range.
- Fire Rate: How fast a weapon can spit out bullets before the clip is finished.
- Range: How far bullets can travel before their effective damage becomes compromised.
- Accuracy: How close to the middle of the aiming crosshair bullets will hit.
- Recoil Control: How much crosshair deviation players suffer after each shot.
- Mobility: How fast players can sprint and strafe when holding the chosen weapon.
- Handling: How quickly players can draw their weapon, how quickly they can fire after sprinting, etc.
- Rounds: How many bullets an ammo clip can hold.
- Reserve: How much additional ammo players start with each round.
So if you really want to get every attachment, you’re going to have to grind for them, good luck to you in that quest!
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is available now for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
- Hi-Fi Rush: How Long Is The Game? - February 17, 2023
- Call of Duty Warzone 2’s Player Count Has Dropped By A Lot - February 13, 2023
- How Many Chapters Are In The Dead Space Remake? - February 8, 2023